Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ministry of Pandemonium - Chris Westwood

Title: Ministry of Pandemonium
Author: Chris Westwood

This book is a children's publication about a young boy who gets a "job" in a mysterious field, literally holding the balance of life and death on his shoulders.

I think that the plot was intriguing when I read the synopsis and it did not disappoint. For a children's book, I found this compelling and found it difficult to put down. I found the monsters frightening enough to make me want to read on and see what happened.

The characters were my favourite part of this book. The protagonist was interesting and had enough back story to make him a well-rounded character that is impressive for a children's book character. Mr October was a highly mysterious character who I was unsure about throughout which made the book even more exciting.

The writing style is basic because it is a children's book but it is still compelling and I really liked this book.

Overall I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars and although it is a children's book, it may be suitable for teenage readers too and I would definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment